Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

A Link or Two...or Three

I've been very badly lurking pinterest this week. I've discovered a pile of free patterns and a few blogs that I think are adorable!

I had actually never heard of Sarah London before (I know, I know...live under rock.) She's got the most amazing sense of colour. I went to her blog and found two fabulous free patterns almost right away!

I wasn't sold on the apache tears pattern right away, but then I saw a picture of a blanket someone used the stitch for and realized the potential it had. It might also make a great rug, if you use a denser yarn and did fewer stitches between, she explains how to do that. The pattern is here.

If you're the granny type (and there's a granny square for everyone!) She also has the Sunburst Granny Square pattern posted for free. There's a few versions of this one floating around, actually, but I like the colours she uses...


I think it's very summery and sweet looking. (I'm already feeling a little nostalgic for summer, and it's only September!)

I'm also a little smitten with the crochet rope basket from Make My Day Creative. The tutorial looks really simple, and being able to make my own baskets would come in super handy, especially with trying to organize a new classroom and my apartment at the same time. That, and the basket is adorable:


Finally, there's the adorable blog of Marinke (or Wink) over at a creative being. She posts some free patterns, links to some, just generally has a cute and inspiring little blog.

In any case, I hope if you decide to check these out, you'll give due credit and love to wonderful girls who put them all together! I might come back and post more later, but right now...I have laundry to fold (gahhh!)

Toodles! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment